Working together, the CHCB, Inc. team including Dr. Ahmad; Dr. John; Dr. Kenyani Davis, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer; Mary Kosowski MSN, APRN, A-GNP-C, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner; Dr. Esra Mustafa, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist; Megan Quinn, LCSW, Manager, Behavioral Health; Dr. Darlene Volmy, DPT, PT, Doctor of Physical Therapy; and Mary Walker,MSW, Care Coordinator, can provide personalized, coordinated care; addressing the medical, physical and mental/behavioral health needs that are particular to older adults.
QUALITY OF LIFE…
WITH A PREVENTION AND WELLNESS FOCUS
Older Adult Patients, and their caregivers, who enroll in CHCB, Inc.’s “Age Friendly Geriatric Services” program will be treated with caring hands and open hearts, with a specialized focus on enhancing “Quality of Life” and maximizing “Prevention” and “Wellness”.
The CHCB, Inc. Older Adults program of comprehensive care follows the “Five M” model. Over a series of coordinated visits, the Patient, and his/her caregiver, working closely with CHCB, Inc. providers, will receive close examination and diagnoses regarding:
- Mobility – How to best maintain movement and flexibility to prevent falls and other possible accidents.
- Mind – Understand changes that can occur in the brain with regards to cognitive, emotional and behavioral health; and how to best maintain and enhance “brain health.”
- Medication – Personalized medication consultation and evaluation; and how to best manage medications for maximum effectiveness and safest use.
- Multi-complexity – For Patients with complex or chronic illnesses; how to ensure the best care/treatment plans.
- What Matters Most – With a priority on personal dignity, and utmost respect, engage Patients in caring conversations regarding end-of-life choices, and provide guidance with the Health Care Proxy process.
ADDITIONAL AGE FRIENDLY SERVICES
As CHCB, Inc. Geriatric Services program participants, older adults and their care givers will also have access to a host of additional care services, all located “under one roof”, and all accessible in coordination with an “Age Friendly” care visit. These additional services include:
- Dental Services including Dentures (Complete and Partial)
- Telehealth including the easy ability to visit via computer or smartphone.
- Nutritional support including daily diet evaluation and recommendations for enhancements for “Food as Medicine”.
- Ophthalmology Services include scanning for Diabetic Retinopathy (Damage to the blood vessels of the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye (retina) caused by Diabetes)
- Outreach Services include home visits by CHCB, Inc. Outreach Nurses who will perform home assessments; provide immunizations and medication assistance, and other care services for home-bound Older Adult Patients.
- Care Giver mental health support, education, and resource coordination assistance
- On-Site Physical Therapy Center featuring state-of-art rehabilitation equipment and programs specialized for Older Adults.
- On-Site Pharmacy
- Assistance for housing instability, food insecurity, transportation problems, utility help needs, and home safety.
- Patient Navigators who can assist with the coordination of treatment at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
To enroll in the CHCB, Inc. Age Friendly Geriatrics Services Program contact:
Dr. Ann-Marie John
Wellness and Prevention Director, Community Health Center of Buffalo, Inc.
716-986-9199 ext. 5909 | [email protected]
For more information, visit us at www.chcb.net
Treating All with Caring Hands and Open Hearts