Occupational TherapyGoal-oriented Activities That Teach and Facilitate Skills
Find Support in Buffalo, New York
OUR MEDICAL FACILITY OFFERS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
The overall goal of occupational therapy in community mental health is to help people develop the skills and obtain the supports necessary for independent, interdependent, productive living. Particular emphasis is given to interventions that result in improved quality of life and decrease hospitalization.
CRT Occupational Therapy Services include:
- Assessing a participant’s environment at home, work, or in community-based environments and providing recommendations for adaptations to promote an individual’s optimal functioning
- Providing education programs, experiential learning, and treatment groups or classes; for participant’s as well as families/ caregivers/ friends, service providers and residential staff.
- Consulting with residential caregivers and employers responding to requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Functional evaluation and ongoing monitoring of clients for skills related to goal attainment.
- Providing assistance or guidance with client run support groups.
- Goal setting and recovery plan development with the client.
- Providing guidance and consultation to persons involved in working with or providing services for individuals in our program.
Our CRT Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy assistant provide purposeful, goal-oriented activities that teach and facilitate skills in:
- Cognition (e.g., problem-solving)
- Independent living including using community resources, home management, time management, management of medication, and safety in the home and community
- Avocational interest and pursuits
- Interpersonal and social skills
- Stress management
- Activities of daily living (e.g.; hygiene)
- Role development (e.g., parenting)
- Self-sufficiency and interdependency; and Wellness